It's a little known fact that I graduated from this university but since I already had an undergrad degree in art, I only took my educational theory classes there; I never got to fully experience the art program. Too bad. I missed out on Lanny DeVuono, who has since gone south to Colorado, and on Ruben Trejo, who has gone north or wherever it is good souls go when they pass.

I'm happy to know at least a few of the instructors, however, both through Saranac Art Projects and writing for Inlander. And I always have the best intentions to get out to the gallery in the hinterlands of Cheney, Washington (ok, not the hinterlands but in the winter the drive from North Idaho seems especially long). Maybe I'll get out there over winter break!

In the meantime, here is a taste of Faculty Exhibition 2010, featuring:

Tom Askman
Mindy Breen
Greg DuMonthier
Adrian Freuen (shown above)
Jamie Hahn
Jenny Hyde (shown at right)
Lisa Nappa
Roger Ralston
James Scarcello
Garric Simonsen
Chris Tyllia

LocationThe Eastern Washington University Gallery of Art is located in the Art building, situated in the center of the fine and performing arts complex on the south end of the EWU campus.

Gallery Hours
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm
Closed weekends and holidays.

0 comments: