It was like walking into my high school mind at Object Space the other day when BV and I checked out Object Space, an alternative arts/happening/music kind of space at 1818 1/2 East Sprague. They were hosting a punk reunion of sorts and surprisingly, it made the media rounds.

The face behind the space, more or less, is Bruce Hormann, who is gritting it out locally to make a difference in the Spokane arts and culture scene. He's an artist, whose installations (another surprise) made the media rounds when the Spokesman profiled him this past February (read article here).

Living in Idaho as I do and otherwise occupied teaching, etc. as I am, I'm admittedly a little lapse when it comes to this aspect of the artscene. It was like a shot in the arm. Maybe there is some hope for the arts in our area...


0 comments: